Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

How to Sharpen Your Scissors the Easy Way

 Sharpen you scissors with foil:  I have a lot of scissors. I have everything from cuticle scissors to those extremely sharp scissors that come with the plastic protector.

Tim Holtz scissors that I got in an Ebay lot of his stuff. I have to admit I love these scissors. They cut almost anything!
  I also have a huge collection of Fiskars Paper Edger scissors.  I do have a few of the traditional scissor sharpener things which really never worked that great for me.
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/3/scissor-sharpeners

However, the BEST thing I've ever used to sharpen scissors, shears, etc. is used aluminium foil.  I say "used" because I don't like to waste anything but you could use new.  Basically, before I throw away used foil I just grab a pair of scissors and cut it up!  That's it. It works-try it.  Just beware when using this newly sharpened scissors because they can become razor sharp.

You can also sharpen items with sandpaper!  Try to use a fine grit.  Just cut the sandpaper and voila-sharpened scissors.