Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 29, 2014

First Ninja Smoothie

Although I've been juicing and making smoothies for years, I've never really found a simple, easy recipe that didn't gag me-until now!  I got my brother the Ninja Prep blender for his birthday at JC Penny's.  He had been juicing a lot and the clean-up and cost was getting overwhelming.  Plus, all the pulp was getting wasted and discarded.  
At first I was really confused by the Ninja.  It took me a while to figure out the system.  Basically, there are three blades in three containers.  You just put the motor on the container and blend.  It's really good with ice and very quick.  I have other blenders but the motors don't seem as powerful as the Ninja.  
I googled at Ninja recipes and found many free and easy ones.  This recipe called for 1/2 cup yogurt, a cup of blueberries, a banana and ice.



I had all of the ingredients.  However, I used a whole cup of flavored yogurt, and more blueberries.

Just attach the top and push down.

Ready to blend!

I adapted the recipe by adding a handful of grapes, more ice, and 2% milk because the shake was too thick.

The result was great.  It tasted like a blueberry Orange Julius! It was really good. It was one of the best shakes I ever had.  Plus, it was about a hundred times easier to clean up than juicing.  I can't wait to make more.
This is the recipe website:  http://www.smoothieninja.com/