Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Reese Peanut Butter Cups No-Bake Bars

 
Big thanks to my friend Gina for posting this awesome recipe on Facebook. It really does taste like a Reeses peanut butter cup! (However, it is very sweet!) The "real" reason I made it is because I couldn't stop thinking about it AND I had these crushed up graham crackers already.  I am not going to re-post the directions because they are below. However, I would add a little milk or water while melting the chocolate chips. I couldn't figure out how to use a less powerful microwave setting so I just used the re-heat setting. You don't want to burn the chocolate chips when melting them. (I used caramel flavored coffee creamer to keep the chocolate from burning.)
 
 
 
 
Also, I washed my hands (You're welcome!) and then just punched down the peanut butter mix.
 
Pour the chocolate out quickly as it will start to re-harden quickly.
 
Spread the chocolate over the mix using a spatula.  Refrigerate for one hour before cutting.
Please use caution and label correctly if bringing this to a party! Remember that many people have serious peanut allergies.  http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/peanut-allergy/DS00710/DSECTION=symptoms