Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Baby Girl Elephant Themed Sprinkle

Sprinkle Success!
When my sister was pregnant the first time, my mom threw the big shower with all invited. However, since my sister is now having a girl, we decided to throw her a SMALL second shower called a sprinkle. It was only for family and a few close friends.  Since my house seemed perfect for an outdoor shower, we decided on my house.

A grand adventure is about to begin.
-- Winnie the Pooh

Before the day of the sprinkle for my sister, I was sick with worry. I was cleaning obsessively and decorating with a passion which I have never known.  I dreamt of pink and gray elephants and those tissue paper poof things.  I spent a week clearing away clutter and rearranging things. Before that, I spent many hours on my Cricut making the decorations and invitations. (I will post all the specifics in future posts. It was a journey as I really didn't know what I was doing.)However, everything went well!  My cousin has also asked me to help her with her upcoming baby shower.  Using what I have learned, I feel confident that I can help.

My sister and my cousin Rachel, also expecting
The moment a child is born,
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new.
Rajneesh
Ignore the ranch bottle in the bowl...Again, I ran out of time.  No, I didn't make the cake! (Although I took a level one cake class, I never even tried fondant.  However, the cake was a hit so maybe it won't hurt to learn.  Thanks to my friend Kim and her mom for the fruit stick in watermelon idea. It worked great. I got the cookie cutter watermelon idea from Pinterest. (http://pinterest.com/mshope2012/boards/)

 

The flowers are from my mom's garden. The table cloth was from TJ Max.

 

Due to the excessive heat (90 degrees), we could not go out on the deck.  Luckily, I had chairs and seating enough for 20 people and one very cute baby.

The balloon tank from the party store filled at least 20 balloons. I had the pink poof things from Walmart ($1 each) hanging off my track lighting.  Luckily, none of them caught on fire.


Mom and Aunt Joanne

I made some Cricut signs with the 9 Months cartridge and leaned them on the piano. I also put some ultrasound pictures there. We had a frame with Sydney's picture for everyone to sign.  The vases of peonies were also from my mom's yard.  They smelled great!

The diaper cake was a hit.  My aunt commissioned one from me on the spot!  My sister was glad that I used size 2 diapers. She just ordered a box of size 1. 

The mother-to-be received a really cool elephant bank from her mother-in-law.

Big thanks to helper cousin Claire.

The food table during the sprinkle. 


Cousin Melissa gifted this adorable patriotic bikini!


 

 


The gifts poured in. My niece will not ever want for clothes or flowered hair clips. 
 
 
Each guest received a favor containing nail polish and a nail kit. I will post the particulars of each favor bag in the future! I gave the basket to my sister for the nursery. 

At the end of the sprinkle, the "guys" got back from their day at Sea Base play area. Jackie REALLY wanted some "cake" (a cupcake)...He also kept swiping strawberries off the table for a double-fisted look.  I can't believe my baby is going to be the big brother soon.  I'm going to get him some big brother books.
 
Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of Mother's Love.
-- Maureen Hawkins