Total Pageviews

Friday, August 24, 2012

Sesame Street Font Hand-Colored

My nephew Jackson loves Elmo and Sesame Street.  I bought Sesame Street Font to make him some decorations for his room.  The images on the LEFT are just made using the Cricut.  Strangely, I noticed that some images are unavailable.  So I drew them in using a sharpie.  I decided that I liked it better.  I like the images outlined plus it was easier.   The images on the RIGHT are cut in red and hand-colored.  I had to use my chalkboard marker for the white.  The black is sharpie and the other colors are Martha Stewart opaque markers.  

Jackie also likes Cookie Monster.  I got him the one that eats cookies at Target.   Again, the shape is cut from blue Color Block paper ($5 at Walmart) and colored with markers.


I think the hand-colored images look better because they are outlined.  Another thing you could do would be to use the Cricut markers to outline after cutting.  They are pretty easy to use.  I don't know why they don't mention that in the manual though.  I just thought of it.

Here's Jackson in one of his Elmo shirts!  He is very proud to be able to see in a chair by himself.  Mom and Uncle Joe are pictured.

Jackson doesn't sit much but he really likes Aunt Bonnie's favorite chair.  

Here's Jackson first Elmo when he was a few months old.  I bought him the zipper/button Elmo before vacation.  He loves it. Today in the car we were feeding Elmo puffs!