Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Idea*ology Fragments

It has been nice to have some time lately to play around with some new art supplies.  I won that big lot of Tim Holtz stuff on Ebay and wanted to use some of it. However, I really wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  I watched a bunch of Tim Holtz videos on YouTube and decided to use my fragment tags.  Luckily, I was going to Michaels that day and was able to purchase the Glossy Accents glue needed to adhere paper to the acrylic tags.  Here's what I did:
Here are the acrylic tags in a variety of sizes.

I used Starz-On ink to stamp on these tags. Very easy to do. However, the Tim Holtz stamps didn't really stamp well for some reason.  

I coated the tag with Glossy Accents and smeared it around on the paper where I wanted the image. I let it dry.  

Glossy Accents glue.  I love this glue. It is quick drying and comes out fast and easy.  I think it is intended as a decoupage but also works as a glue.  It's $6 at Michaels in the Tim Holtz/Ranger section.  

I used old family photos, some newer photocopied images of my nephew, foreign language text, and tissue paper to glue on the back.  I also stamped images on some tags for a clear look.

I trimmed around the tags after they were dry.  I also took a mini-screwdriver and poked holes through the paper so I can use these as tags.

Close up of stamped tags and glued paper.

I probably used too much glue because some images warped a little.  I might have to sand or re-trim the edges again.  I pushed the paper up around the edge of the curved part because it was hard to cut.

I can used these images as tags or glue on boxes or book covers.  I thought about painting the back of the paper images with chalkboard paint.  However, I don't know if it will adhere.  I liked the way these tags turned out.  I think a mosaic type project might be in the "Starz."  It was really easy to stamp using the Starz-On ink.  This is a great way for me to use stamps that I rarely use.