Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Guidelines, Recess Cart, and Michael Listin Website

As the summer draws to an end, I am finished up some of my new bulletin boards.  One I really needed to make was my *revised* classroom guidelines.  I've become a huge Michael Listin fan.  He wrote a book called Dream Class and has a fantastic website.  I wish I would have been able to read his articles ten years ago before I started teaching.  If you are a teacher, go to his website: here (http://www.smartclassroommanagement.com).  It is a must-read!

Anyway, here's what I have so far.  I haven't been into school yet but have laid out the bulletin board on my dining room table.  All four images are from Recess Lite for the Cricut.

My basic five rules did not change.


I revised and cut back on my rewards.  I used to do a weekly contest for the best class for candy and prizes.  I am not going to do that anymore.  I'll miss it but I am turning over a new leaf. Here's an article about why.




Hmm, now that I look at this, it won't fit on the bulletin board!  I'll have to continue to put the rules about the board.

I am going to fix the lower right hand corner of this "final" product by adding tie-dye file folders to hold handouts.  For now, I put a "How to Open Your Locker" handout because I really need that on DAY ONE.  I could never open up my own locker so it is hard to help kids open their lockers.  The post card and rack card were made from Vista Print.