Total Pageviews

Monday, July 16, 2012

Wildlife Scrapbook Page


                                                                    Wildlife Cartridge

“I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.”  Ellen DeGeneres

Wildlife cartridge





A few weeks ago I went on an eBay Cricut cartridge frenzy.  I bid on a lot of different cartridges at the same time.  I didn't check back to get in any "bidding wars."  I ended up with some cartridges that I hadn't really know about: Yee-haw, Wildlife, and Wild Card 2.  I was really glad to get Wildlife as I see deer almost every day here in Western PA.  Sometimes when I glance out my window in the middle of the night, I'll see at least one or more deer walking, standing, or eating in my backyard.  I have some kind of cherry tree that they love.  Also, we have woods behind our house so I have to barricade my deck garden or my tomatoes are goners.  (I think the ground hogs ate all my sunflowers again! Every year...) I also have some shots of geese and this lake my family went to for Flat Stanley pictures for my cousin's class.  


I do have all these cell phone pictures of deer.  I think once I got a blurry shot of seven deer eating from that tree. However, right now I am trying to finish scrapping the latest lot of pictures from my sister.  My brother-in-law hunts during every season (deer, turkey, and whatever else gets the "ax" around here...). I had just gotten these print outs for my nephew's scrapbook so I thought I would give Wildlife a try.  I liked how the cut-outs are only two layers.  I am starting to loathe very small layered images.  I had a rustic looking sewn pocket...I had some extra pictures that I stuck in the pockets.  My sister can do the journaling on them later.  (I think I had this sewing machine that worked for five minutes...note the erratic stitches!)  I also used some handmade green paper as a forest background.   The text is from the cartridge.  I did have a shadow layer but it got torn so I just used one layer.  I still ruin a lot of paper (especially thin paper and white core) because my blade is set to the wrong level.  Some of my paper is so old that I only have one sheet or don't know the brand so I can't really test it.  BTW, the baby did not go on that hunting trip.  In my opinion, he is about 30 years too young!  He can stay home and make soap and paper with his old auntie instead...Hmm.


 I think I will also use this cartridge for some male birthday cards.  I love the fish image!  I didn't cut it yet, though.