Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Martha Stewart Glitter Butterfly Kit



Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.  

                                                      ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

For this kit, all you do is peel off the sheets over the adhesive and cover with glitter.. Cover area with a lot of newspaper.

This is the frame after the glitter has been shaken off.  I also brushed off excess with a soft brush.

Here are the butterflies.  All you do is peel over the pre-cut sheets.  I used that sharp dental like Cricut tool as some spots are tiny.  I also used multiple pieces of paper to keep under the glitter.

Final project.  I still have three butterflies to "glitter."  I put one butterfly on a wobble.  
I really liked this kit.  It was easy to do but very messy.  I used my dining room table and covered the area with newspaper. When I first started teaching at my current job, the custodian warned me to never #1 make popcorn and #2 NEVER USE GLITTER.  Of course, I love glitter. I did respect this until one year my classes were making cards for the troops...Needless to say, glitter was everywhere.  My theory is that it is almost impossible to use glitter and not get it everywhere.  


 The only thing that I didn't like was that this project would be difficult to reproduce.  Does the Cricut have a scoring blade?  That is the only way that I think you could do a project like this again.  I did get the Martha Stewart glue stamping kit.  However, those stamps would not have a tenth of this level of detail.  I can't imagine trying to do this with glitter glue.  


Overall, I think the final products are pretty cool.  The glitter was a very fine quality and really stuck to the adhesive.  Also, the black glitter really made the images "pop." However, the project was fairly messy and time consuming.