Total Pageviews

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Cure for "Cricut Back" Pain

I woke up this morning with upper back pain. That's odd because I usually have lower back pain. I know it's from leaning over my "art" trunk.  For some reason, I have to sit on the floor to do art work.  I need all my supplies spread out where I can see them.  Since my gym buddy is off this week, I decided to go back to aqua aerobics. WOW! I feel great.  I took two classes and went in the hot tub twice.  I really need to get back to the pool everyday there are classes.  The weight room also helps.


Also, my gypsy is fixed.  Finally, after 12 tries, the sync went through.  I also was able to get the cartridges on by pushing the cord in hard with my thumb.  I really don't think it is supposed to work that way but it worked.  I am overjoyed!  So far, I love the Gypsy.  I think it is great to use different carts on one page.  Time to make some cards.  Also, my nephew just got his first official haircut so I am inspired to scrapbook again.

I'm still working on several altered art projects.  I'm using a lot of stamps and pictures from my relatives or my relatives' relatives.  I look to look at those old pictures and wonder what those people thought about their lives.  My grandfathers in the Army, my grandmother with her friends at the factory she worked at before she got married, and my father as a child in a cowboy outfit.  It's bittersweet to peer into the past already knowing  what happened in the future.  Here's a glimpse of these works in progress.  I'm trying to use more color.  I am experiment with cutting windows and backing them with transparencies.  In school, I don't even even transparencies anymore because I use an ELMO document camera or Smart Board.  I never miss that old overhead or making those transparency sheets.  They were always such a pain to make!  I look at my altered art and think that it is ugly at time and painful.  I tear up little pieces of paper and small words in foreign languages and odd images.  Yet, I do it because I must.


"If you bring forth what is within you...what you bring forth with save you.  If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
-Jesus Christ, The Gnostic Gospels


I know this is hideous but it is in a very preliminary stage. I'm a lot out of practice.
The creative process is a process of surrender, not control.
Julia Cameron


Read more athttp://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/julia_cameron.html#zxmiJ1PcbEDAuI61.99