Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gypsy Nightmare

Jackson's monster first birthday party was a huge success. I don't have any picture yet because I was with Jackie the whole time.  Over 50 people attended so he wanted to be held the whole time.  Everyone loved the monster decorations and one year display board. The only real problem was that Jackson ripped off a goggly eye and tried to eat it.  In terror, I wrestled it out of his little hand.  Jackie was furious!  I tried to put the decorations out of his grasp. Luckily, all the decorations are now down.  I'm back home and ready to work on my back to school campaign.  I have a lot of things that I want to make before the first day of school.  Yet it seems that the adage "Nothing that is worth it is easy" must be true...
Don't be discouraged.  It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.
 ~Author Unknown


I finally got my Gypsy.  Sadly, I can't sync or update my cartridges.  I WAS able to cut using the installed Gypsy Wandering font so I guess that is good.  Also, for some reason, I did not receive a wall charger.  I tried to recharge through the USB cable but apparently that does work unless it is already charged?  This is what I discovered as I sat in my car in the 90 degree heat trying to charge the thing.  I have tried to sync on THREE different computers.  It just never stops syncing! I literally left it sync ALL NIGHT and it never ended.  I am beyond frustrated. I emailed Provocraft at the support@cricut.com address.  I have tried so many thing. I unscrewed the stylus and tried to hit the master reset button.  Didn't work.  I hit three buttons and got the rainbow screen...Didn't work.  I feel like destroying the machine but I guess that is not good "problem solving."  OH, and the ironic thing is that now my Cricut Craft Room works!!! That's the only reason I ordered the Gypsy in the first place.  I did make sure that I got a new one from eBay but now I'm thinking that I should have just waited.  The lady I ordered it off of eBay said that she never used it.  I just got a nice message from her yesterday.  What if this one is broken and Provocraft won't replace it?  I thought if it wasn't already used, I would be okay but now I wonder.