Total Pageviews

Friday, June 22, 2012

My Space

Since summer started, I have been cleaning and reorganizing my "art" room.  I don't refer to it as a craft room because from time to time I do practice the fine arts of oil painting, watercolor, acrylic, etc.  I never exactly finish a painting but I do turn paintings into mixed media projects.  I guess that is just my process...




So here is my the current state of my art room.  I've been separating school stuff from art stuff by putting all school stuff into my office.  Every school year I swear up and down that I am not going to do candy and prizes.  All those "experts" say let students be motivated intrinsically not externally, etc.  So all my scented pencils, ring pops, eye ball erasers, and homework passes are all out of view downstairs.  Maybe I won't be tempted to do those pesky prize drawings?  I'll tell them, "The best reward is learning something new!' (I think I did before and they laughed out loud...)

I also have a small tv to the left to my Cricut. This is where I obsessively watch Investigation Discovery (ID)...One reason is that I don't get full cable in this room, another is that it is my favorite channel.  I have to watch tv while "working." I also work on the floor which is terrible for my back but I need to have everything spread out around me.  I still need to organize my paper, ephemera, file cabinet, and figure out what to do with my millions of beads!  I like to have a lot on the walls for inspiration and so I don't forget about it.  I used to have a high shelf that I could put stuff on but I must have lost it when I moved. Plus, I was afraid it would collapse due to overloading.  Okay, forget the shelf!

“Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresea, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” –Life’s Little Instruction Book