Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Monster Wear

I very quickly made a little outfit as a sample for my nephew's birthday wear.  Actually, he will probably be wearing his swimsuit because his birthday party is also a pool party but I thought I would play around a little.

I REALLY want to get a sewing machine this summer. I could kick myself for passing on one at a recent flea market I was at.  This lady was literally giving away (I spent a few dollars and she started giving me baby stuff for free!) her late mother-in-law's things.  She mentioned the said sewing machine but my sister and mom already took off and my arms were filled with a stuffed monster, horse on a stick, baby books, and other stuff.  Darn!  I really want that machine now.  About 15 years ago, I bought a "Tiny Tailor" machine from Walmart.  I was never able to figure it out.  I ended up putting it on the curb with a "free" sign.  (Someone did take it right away!)   However, now with YouTube videos, I'm sure I would make more progress.  There are so many great things I want to make. Plus, I love the look of sewing onto paper.

So, not being about to sew, I decided to print out an object and use an iron-on fabric transfer.  In my hoard of supplies, I found two sets of transfer paper. I bought some cotton one-sies at Walmart.  (Sadly, I could ONLY find 100% cotton long-sleeves. UGH.)

 I googled this image, printed it out, then copied it onto the transfer paper with my ink jet HP printer after cutting it out.  I still am struggling with this Mac Book Book. I'm really good at MS Word but awful on this Mac.  I then ironed it on.
(I am trying to find the source of this image to cite. However, no one is reading this blog anyway so at this point, I guess it is a moot point:(  )

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche